Nursing school continues. I started clinicals at the hospital. Clinicals means I follow a nurse around and pretend I know what's going on for 12 hours while not getting paid. It's actually very fun. So far, I have been on the Ortho/Neuro floor and the Telemetry Floor (the floor where we keep all of our heart patients). I must say, telemetry has been my favorite so far. I had a lot of fun. Classes are still crazy. I have TONS of reading every week, at least one test every week, and a really long 50-ish page paper due every week. It. Is. Busy. But I really do love it. Clinicals are fun. I have been learning a lot. And the nurses I've worked with are absolutely fabulous. I've really enjoyed it.
David still loves law school. He still reads a lot. We're looking into maybe doing an externship next summer. It would be pretty fun. We have no idea where we would end up, but it would be fun.
Now, if you made it through the boring, same-every-week stuff, then you may now have the privilege of reading the cool, exciting stuff. And yes, there will be pictures. You are so lucky.
I mentioned in my last post that I am very excited for the Fall. Well, that was true. David and I decided we should add a little autumn excitement to our lives. So we made a wreath to hang up on our door. And when I say "we", I really mean David. Because we all know who has the artistic talent in this relationship. I must say, I think it turned out well. David. Is. Awesome.
Next big thing: we ran a 5k this morning. In honor of breast cancer awareness month, a local hospital sponsored a Mad Dash for Cancer. Charis decided we should have a Team Sheri and make T-shirts. So we did. The whole deal. It was a lot of fun. Most of the sibs were there, my sister-in-law, Nikki, and Brittany and Cami. Brylee rode in the stroller in her first ever race! And my mom came too. Can I just say it was an awesome morning? I'm really glad we all got to go. It was amazing seeing all the cancer survivors running in the race and my mom with her survivor sticker. What an amazing woman! I've gotta be the luckiest daughter ever. Anyway, my camera died and I didn't get to take pictures at the race, but my mom did and I'm pretty sure she's going to post them on her facebook page if you're interested. I did get a few after the race at Tanner's football game.
Speaking of Tanner's football game, it ROCKED! His team totally killed it today. They were amazing. I'm really glad we got to go. We left the game a few minutes early, but by then, his team was up 7 touchdowns. Yes. I typed that correctly. S.E.V.E.N. And Tanner was awesome.
Anyway, folks. I hope life is treating you all well. October is National Breast Cancer Awareness month and I am personally inviting all of you to participate in some way. There are lots of races all over the country and there are so many patients who need your support. We got the supplies for our Team Sheri t-shirts at Wal-Mart and if you want to make your own, you should. My family is planning on running another 5k and they have those all over the country (as well as 1 mile walks if you are interested in that...). If you're in Utah and want to participate in a race, holla atcha girl and I can hook you up.
Peace Out, yo.
No comments:
Post a Comment