So it's been a while. Things have been a little crazy around here but I figured I needed to update. Within days of my last post, my family got some pretty crazy news which has kept all of us occupied recently. Along with that, we've had lots of visitors in town (I miss you granny!) and school starting for me and David. Also, work. So, we've been busy.
Nursing school is back in session for me. I started a week ago and already feel like I'm behind. I think the thing about nursing school is that you constantly feel like you're drowning. And I don't think it's going to end until after I have RN after my name. And then I'll start working and STILL feel like I'm drowning. I have this insane Med/Surg class which is the main culprit of this drowning scenario. For those of you who don't know, Med/Surg stands for "Medical/Surgical"...which is like 90% of patients that are in the hospital. Which means that I have a lot to learn this semester. Along with med/surg, I have psychiatric nursing, nursing for the older adult, and clinical reasoning classes. To keep myself sane, I'm also taking a violin class. I'm actually really excited to take it.
So like I said, I've been doing a lot of learning the past couple of weeks. One of the exciting things is that I learned how to start IVs! If you know me at all, you know that I get especially excited when it comes to putting sharp objects into people's bodies. Even more so when it involves veins and blood. So I have mostly been waiting to learn IVs the entire time I've been in nursing school. It was a great week for me.
In a couple of weeks I'll be starting clinical rotations at the hospital which means I'll be working with real sick people. And giving all kinds of medications. And acting like I know what I'm talking about. AND STARTING IVs!!! Be excited. And don't be too nervous if you have to go to the hospital and discover I'm your nurse. I'll take good care of you. :)
David has officially started law school. He is on his way to becoming a lawyer. And he loves it! He has really enjoyed his law classes a lot. Some of the cases he's been reading about are really interesting. And some are frustrating because people sue over the dumbest things.
Every year when September hits, I get really excited about Fall. I LOVE the fall! It's been cool in the mornings and yesterday I went and got fall scented candles (pumpkin spice and cider!) and I can't wait to light them so our apartment will smell like the holidays! I've also started looking at music for our ward Christmas program. I know some of you may be thinking it's a little early...but I can't help it. I'm too excited to wait any longer!
Hmm...what else?? Life goes on. I have to say that I love my family a lot. We're all pretty darn awesome. I think it's amazing how much love and support we have. I really appreciate my granny and Krista and Kenny and Aunt Kristy and everyone else who came all the way out to Utah. I love you guys! And I have to say I really appreciate my step-daddy for being so awesome. And of course I love my mom. She is definitely the most amazing and strongest person I know. I am so grateful for her.
June Modeling
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment