Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Two Weeks Later...


So it’s been a couple of weeks. Coming down to the end of the semester has meant that I’ve been really busy. And stressed. School has been insane! Two weeks ago, I lost my first patient, which wasn’t fun. I starting to learn that nursing school will throw me into all sorts of situations. This past week has been dedicated to testing and “pass-offs”. For pass-offs, we have to perform certain procedures in front of our nursing instructors. For one, we had to do a full head-to-toe physical assessment. I made my sister come in and be my “patient”. For the second pass-off, I had to insert a sterile catheter, pass a medication, and log roll. That was this morning and was causing me all sorts of anxiety. Both were pass/fail and if I failed, I fail the class. Fortunately, I passed both. So I’m extremely relieved about that. It is cause for celebration! One more week and I will be completely done with classes and my first semester of nursing school! Hurrah!

Today is David’s last class as an undergraduate! Yay! He’s graduating on April 22. Anyway…He’s very excited as he definitely has senioritis. I’m hoping it’s not contagious because I still have a couple of weeks to focus. David’s parents are coming into town for graduation. His grandparents are already here. We’re going to have a huge shin-dig of a party to celebrate. I’m pretty excited about that.

I am finally going to post the picture that David painted. It looks awesome, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment