So, what up, everyone? Life here in Provo has been moving along as usual. I began nursing school this semester and I must say that I am loving it! I'm having a lot of fun learning how to give people shots and ask really personal questions of all my poor patients. I'll be starting clinicals in about 4 weeks and I'm pretty excited. I'm mostly relieved that I'm loving my major, because after changing it approximately a jazillion times, I have finally found something that I really think I will love doing.
David submitted his application to Law School a couple of weeks ago. We were very excited to be finished with the applications. Between that and nursing school applications, we were mostly ready to be done with tests and essays. We were excited when the dean of the law school invited David to come meet with him last week. It went really well and he told David that not only is he accepted to BYU's Law school, but that they are going to offer him a scholarship. We are thrilled! I'm so proud of David and I think he's going to be an awesome lawyer!
David and I signed up for a half marathon that will take place this coming June. And can I just say that I'm really excited?? I had fun running the 10K last year and this year I'm in way better shape so I can't wait! I'm trying to talk the fam into running it with us, but alas, as of yet there are no takers.
Graduation is coming up fast! David is going to be walking on our 2 year anniversary and I think that's a pretty neat present! We're hoping to do a little traveling this summer. We're definitly going to Texas for a week or so and I'm hoping that we can run down to Beaufort for a little bit too. I'm craving the ocean. And also Barbara Jean's. And also Duke's....which is closed now. Anyway, more on us will be coming later.
Holla.
June Modeling
1 year ago
You? Changing your major? Nahhhh!
ReplyDeleteKidding. Glad you're liking the nursing school! It's a pretty spiffy thing, if I do say so myself. I think you'll do good at it. I really hope you scared the first person you ever gave a shot to. I hope your hands were super shaky! (Okay, I know they weren't because of Blood Services...) They told me in nursing school how you'll sometimes hit bone when doing an IM shot. Yeah, that happened to me 2 weeks ago for the first time. It felt funny. I hope the patient didn't feel it, but I just continued on as if nothing weird happened...
And that's aweosome about David and Law school. Congrats y'all!