We are officially halfway to being new parents! Yesterday, David and I were able to see our baby in our big ultrasound. It was AMAZING! We had a really great tech who explained everything we were seeing. And luckily we had a very cooperative baby and they were able to see everything they wanted to see. After the tech finished what she was doing, a doctor came in and pretty much repeated the whole ultrasound. The results: a perfectly healthy little girl! We are very excited. I think it will be fun to have a little girl, but more importantly, we are very thankful that she is developing just as she should be. It was a big sigh of relief for me, because I have been a paranoid mess pretty much this whole pregnancy. I guess that's what I get for getting pregnant during my Mom-Baby class. A few weeks after I found out I was pregnant, I had a huge project that I had to present to the class about birth defects incompatible with life......not a good subject matter to put in my brain right at the beginning of this pregnancy.
Anyway!! Her heart rate was perfect at 150 and she is measuring just 2 days ahead of my due date (December 6). I am still trying to talk her into waiting until December 15 to be born, though. That way, I'll be done with school...we'll see how that goes.
We got a really cool DVD of the whole ultrasound which is AWESOME! You can see her heart beating and she was moving around the whole time. At one point she jumped like something scared her. It was so cool. I don't know if anyone is actually interested in watching something like that besides me, but it was so neat.
Today I saw my nurse midwife who went over the ultrasound results with me. They were able to visualize all the stuff they wanted to see and next to everything it said "normal". I got to hear her heart beat again. It makes me so excited thinking about this new little life.....and scared out of my mind, too!!!
In other news, David and I will be going on vacation---our last real vacation without having a kid. We're going to be heading to Beaufort the first week of August and mostly can't wait to go to the beach! And see everyone there, of course! Holla at me if you wanna hang out! We're excited to go! We're enjoying our last bit of summer and then school will be back in. I applied for graduation a couple of weeks ago. It's pretty crazy to think that in December, I'll qualify to take my nursing boards. After that, I'll probably go back to school. The question is where I will go to finish.....we shall see.
PS....Isn't she cute?? I think she looks like David!
Congrats Whit!!!! Shes got the cutest profile. Girls are SO much fun!
ReplyDeleteSo you don't know if you'll finish at UVU either? Trust me, i've looked into finishing other places and it is the pits. To me it's UVU or just be done. Anyway, I hope we can play on the 31st!
ReplyDelete