This past week has been crazy with school. I had three tests fall all at the same time—don’t you love that??—and I almost drove myself crazy trying to study for all of them. I took my last test about an hour ago, though. So I think this upcoming week will be much better! David has been pretty busy with school as well. He's had a ton of homework and projects. If any of you are wondering if we have fallen off the face of the planet...we haven't.
This week I finally broke down and went to Ikea to buy stuff to decorate our apartment. You’re probably thinking… “Wait. Haven’t you lived in your apartment for like a year and a half??” To that I would respond, “Why yes, we have. I have just been lazy and had an apartment with blank walls.” But that’s ok. Because our walls are bare no more! I’m pretty excited about it because I feel like people can come over without feeling like they’re in a building owned by the government or something. Exciting stuff. David also painted/drew a picture for the living room. It's of a shrimp boat. We want to have a Beaufort-themed living room eventually. I'll take a picture of it and post it on here when David gets home. He has the camera in his backpack.
We ordered David's cap and gown and graduation announcements. You should all be very excited because you'll be getting them in the mail as soon as we get them and fill them out. It is so exciting! I wish I was graduating...
Next week I finally start clinicals for the nursing program. This is our nursing home semester so I’ll be going down to a nursing home in Springville next week where I will begin what will be three years of slave labor. I was thinking that it was going to be pretty easy and that another nurse would be on my tail all day so I don’t hurt anyone, but today I found out that they are going to give me one patient that I will take care of all on my own. One patient may not sound like a lot, but the all on my own part is pretty scary! I don’t know anything yet and I’m hoping I get a really easy patient. Not likely in a nursing home. I’m pretty nervous about it now and I probably won’t sleep for the next week. I’m planning on asking everyone a lot of questions because I refuse to make a mistake on whoever the poor soul is that they assign to me.
David and I officially began our training for the half marathon we're running in June. The weather was moderate enough for us to go running outside (Caitlin, your primitive tribal weather dance must have worked. Thanks!) so we put on our running shoes and took off! It was actually really nice and I'm feeling like I'm in pretty good shape again and that this half marathon may actually be doable. Let me know if any of you guys wanna run it with us. It's going to be the most amazing experience of your life.
Other than that, life is good. I'll let you guys know what happens with clinicals.
June Modeling
1 year ago
Woo Hoo for butt-whiping clinicals! Don't worry about having your own patient. It's not as scary as it seems. You've done everything before. I had 2 all on my own for most of my clinical days and I still had days where I was trying to find something to do. You'll do great.
ReplyDeleteDon't forget to post a picture of the picture! I want to see! Also, you're welcome for the weather. Anything for a half-marathon. :)
ReplyDelete