Hello, Everyone!
I'm am back yet again. First of all, I caught David with another fabulous hair-do earlier this week. Don't worry, I captured it for you this time. It's The Superman. And it's probably time both of us got hair cuts.
Well tonight for family night, David and I decided to make Gyoza. David and his family liked to make gyoza on Christmas Eve which is a tradition that David and I picked up on last year. However, we liked them so much we decided we need to eat them more than once a year. They are SO GOOD! So tonight has been spent chopping and mixing and eating. Fun stuff. Now some of you may be wondering what a gyoza is. When David first told me that his family makes gyoza, I was right there with you. I did not know what they were. Don't worry. I found this on wikipedia. (What would we do without Wikipeida?)
gyōza (Japanese transliteration), or pot sticker is a Chinese dumpling, widely popular in China and Japan as well as outside of East Asia, particularly in North America. Jiaozi typically consist of a ground meat and/or vegetable filling wrapped into a thinly rolled piece of dough, which is then sealed by pressing the edges together or by crimping. Jiaozi should not be confused with wonton.
(I like how it says "Jiaozi should not be confused with wonton"...that's very important, folks.) Anyway, I have included pictures because I know everyone wants to see them.
So I'm interviewing tomorrow for a new job...sort of. This should probably not come as a surprise to anyone as I tend to change jobs about once a year. Once I finally finish my degree, this will change. Have no fear. But this is an offer too good to resist. This morning, I got a call from the charge nurse at the surgical center who informed me that there was an opening there for an anesthesia tech. So, I'm interviewing tomorrow! Hopefully I get the position, because I would love a little more patient interaction and a little more hanging out in the OR. Also, I would love having weekends and holidays off again. And also, decontam is getting kind of old and has always been pretty gross. The End.
I'm down to my last week and a half of classes and I'm very excited. If I don't get into the nursing program for Spring 2010, I'm going to have to retake a bunch of classes. So I'm hoping that I won't have any issues. It will be fabulous once I'm actually in the program.
David has decided that he wants to write a computer program that helps organize food storage: when it expires, what nutrients are covered, etc. I'm pretty excited about it! If anyone has any ideas (and wants a copy) I'm sure David would love input on what would be good and useful features.
Ok. I should go do homework.
Dang it. I'm such an idiot. I was totally confusing Jiaozi with wontons.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, good luck with the job, Whit! Totally off the subject, but are you excited for Harry Potter 6??
You guys are always making yummy food. I think your niece wants to taste gyoza! Maybe you should come over and make it for her!
ReplyDelete